Light Therapy or Intense Pulse Light (IPL) is a non-invasive and non-ablative treatment that uses high intensity pulses of visible light to improve the appearance of skin (photo-rejuvenation)
It is used for:
- Vascular lesions including spider angiomas, port wine stains, broken facial veins, rosy
cheeks, rosacea and red thread veins of the legs
- Freckles and age marks
- Facial lines and wrinkles
- Removal of unwanted hair
- Help in shrinking and control acne eruptions
Our centre is using Light therapy Forte - 718 from Switzerland.
The Forte - 718 is a state of the art device, who utilized an innovative cooling system for maximal patient comfort and satisfaction. This enables the therapist to apply higher energy rates with perfect safety and insure optimal treatment results.
What does the procedure involve?
Light Therapy treatments are normally straightforward.
- Avoid sun exposure in the days and weeks before and after treatment.
- A topical anaesthetic may be applied to the area but is not usually necessary.
- Cold gel is applied to the area being treated. IPL devices often have integrated cooling
- The smooth, glass surface of the IPL treatment head is applied to the skin, delivering
precise pulses of light to the area being treated.
- Treatment sessions usually last about 20 minutes. A course of 4-6 sessions every 3-6
weeks may be needed to achieve desired results.
- Most patients can return to work immediately after treatment
Throughout the treatment session the patient must wear protective eyewear. IPL treatments are relatively painless compared to other facial rejuvenation techniques. The sensation has been likened to a light pinch or the snap of a rubber band.
Side effects are minor and include:
- Pain during treatment (reduced by contact cooling and if necessary, topical anaesthetic)
- Skin turning pink and a little sore immediately after the procedure.
- Sensation of a mild sunburn (redness, peeling, swelling) that may last a few days after
- Rarely, skin pigment may absorb too much light energy and blistering can occur.
- Sometimes the pigment cells (melanocytes) can be damaged leaving darker or paler
patches of skin. White patches or scars are rarely permanent.
- Hair loss may occur.
- Bruising affects up to 10% of patients
For more informations: -
Please call Aileen @ 0192220623 for appointment with us.
Come and meet our friendly and professional staff who can help you solve your acne and acne scar problems, and also other medical and aesthetic challenges.
Our medical aesthetic centres are located at KLINIK DR LO @ IOI CITY MALL, PUTRAJAYA (Tel: 0383280755) and KLINIK DR LO @ KAJANG (Tel: 0387362623).
You are rest assured that our centres are well equipped with advance laser for pigmentation, laser for acne scar and face lifting, light therapy and radiotherapy equipment, laser for body shaping (contour), various government approved medication and creams. Our doctor has also obtained certification from Ministry of Health to perform aesthetic procedures such as BOTOX, Fillers, laser, IPL, Radiotherapy, skin peel, skin tightening and lifting procedures.
If you stay around Kajang, Bangi, Semenyih, Putrajaya, Cyberjaya, Sepang, Puchong, Serdang, Semenyih or any area that is nearby above mentioned location, our centres is well positioned to serve you.
Our aesthetic centre at KLINIK DR LO @ IOI CITY MALL, PUTRAJAYA is the only centre in Putrajaya and Cyberjaya region that is wholly dedicated in providing aesthetic or beauty treatments.